We have over 30 years experience of helping clients resolve claims quickly and efficiently. We appreciate that the circumstances leading to a claim are often very stressful, that’s why we’re committed to ensuring that you receive all the help, reassurance and assistance you need, at every stage of the process.
We’re here to help
If you require assistance with a claim, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
A key part of our service is advice and support at the times you need it most. Make sure you call us first to utilise our claims service.
Three steps to quicker claims
A few simple and basic measures taken at the time of an incident can help to significantly speed up the processing of your claim.
1. Obtain as much information as possible, straight away.
Often it is the lack of basic necessary information that prevents insurers from dealing with your claim quickly. Take the time to gather information such as:
- The date and time of the incident
- Who or what was involved?
- What was the cause of the incident?
- Where did the incident occur?
- Were there any witnesses or people with knowledge of the circumstances? If so, obtain and record their names and addresses
- For motor accidents, obtain names and addresses of drivers, registration numbers and make/model of cars, insurance company details (name of company and policy number, if possible), the exact location, date and time. Do not admit liability at the scene of an accident – you may invalidate your insurance policy. Instead, if you believe the accident is your fault, simply state that you cannot comment upon liability and that the matter will have to be referred to your insurers
- For damaged items, when was the item purchased? Find the receipt (as insurers often ask for this), the cost and how much it would cost to replace or repair (obtain 2 estimates)
There are circumstances that will require other information, but the above is a good general guide as to the types of general information that, if obtained at the outset, can help to simplify and speed up the processing of your claim.
2. Notify us of the incident
You can contact our claims department in the following ways:
- T: 01270 252 252
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Heath Insurance Brokers LLP, Arrowscroft, 142 Nantwich Road, Crewe, Cheshire, CW2 6BG
In certain cases, a claim form is required. If this is the case, we will forward one to you as soon as we are notified of the claim.
3. Leave the rest to us
We’ll let you know what else we need and if necessary, instruct the appropriate engineers or third party companies to deal with the relevant parts of your claim.