Protecting computer and electronic equipment means more than just protecting the individual PC or laptop. Your business is exposed to a number of additional risks that we can help to cover with a specialist Computer Insurance Policy designed to provide a wide range of computer specific cover and additional benefits.
Computer Insurance from the UK’s leading Insurers.
We work with the UK’s leading insurers to quickly source the most competitive computer insurance quotes for your business. Contact us today to get a fast quote.
|Get a Quote!
Computer Insurance protects more than just computers
Provides cover for loss of or damage to computer equipment and portable computer equipment including full Theft cover (without exclusion of forcible and violent entry or exit from a premises). The range of equipment that can be accommodated within the policy is extensive. See below:
Additional benefits automatically included
- Accidental Discharge of Gas Systems up to £50,000
- Additional Equipment up to 25% of the Sum Insured or £300,000 whichever is the lower
- Anti-theft Devices up to £50,000
- Debris Removal up to £50,000
- Incompatibility of Software or Programs up to £50,000
- Loss Avoidance Measures up to £50,000
- Temporary Repair and Expediting Costs up to £50,000
- Virus Seek and Destroy Costs up to £50,000
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Disposal Costs up to £25,000
- Breakdown of non-maintained Equipment up to £10,000
- Security Guard Costs up to £25,000
How are Claims settled?
Reinstatement or nearest higher capacity meaning that you’re put back into the position you were in before the claim, or if the particular item isn’t generally available, the next best model. Our Insurers operate with expert claims advisers to ensure swift claims resolution to get you back up and running as quickly as possible.
Temporary Removal of equipment from your premises is available to provide cover as follows:
- Equipment anywhere in Europe
- Portable Equipment worldwide
- Data Carrying Media worldwide
These flexible cover options mean you have the freedom to use your computer equipment as required by your business safe in the knowledge that they’re fully covered.
Increased Cost of Working
Cover for additional expenditure to avoid or reduce interruption to your business following
- Breakdown, loss of or damage to computer equipment, portable computer equipment, data carrying media
- Denial of access to your property
- Accidental failure of the;
a. electricity supply
b. internal distribution wiring
If you suffer a loss as described above, it’s not just the replacement cost of the computer equipment that needs to be addressed. It’s likely that you will incur additional expenses, perhaps for renting temporary equipment, whilst the claim is settled. Cover is available for these costs too.
Further benefits automatically included
- Additional rental charge up to £50,000
- Auditors and Professional Accountants charges
- Incompatibility of Data up to £50,000
- Research and Development costs up to £50,000
Reinstatement of Data
Important! Provides cover for the costs of reinstating data following loss or damage including by
- Virus and similar mechanisms
- Malicious persons (often referred to as ‘hackers’)
Imagine that the computer equipment in your business has been damaged, destroyed even. Insurers pay to replace the equipment but who pays for the IT Company to reinstall all of the software and data backups? Many standard commercial policies won’t cover these costs. Computer Insurance policies will. Many IT companies charge £500 and upwards per day and the reinstatement costs can therefore be extensive.
How to Get a Quote
It’s very easy to get a quote with us.
- Call us and we’ll help you to get started with a quote straight away
- Register your Renewal Date. If you already have insurance in place and it’s not yet due for renewal, let us know the appropriate renewal date and we’ll contact you in good time to help with a quote.
- Upload your existing proposal form. Already completed a proposal form elsewhere? We’re happy to work with your existing documents to make it easier. You can upload the document to us by clicking the link.