Motor Trade Insurance
Do I need to get motor trade insurance?
This type of insurance is designed specifically for anyone who works in the motor trade industry. If your company is involved in any aspect of this kind of work then you really need to protect it against any eventualities that may occur in the future.
Motor trade insurance is the right choice for those who buy, sell, work with or fix vehicles and is an absolute must for MOT test centres and car dealers who simply cannot risk being without it.
It is a fact of life that sometimes things go wrong, so it is important to make sure that your business is covered no matter the type of work you do or the vehicles you use. With motor trade insurance you can arrange for a suitable bespoke policy to give you the protection you need.
What does the policy include?
When you take out a comprehensive insurance policy you are covered for almost everything you can think of. This includes your business premises and its contents, as well as plant, machinery and stock. Your own stock of vehicles (including demonstrators and courtesy cars) as well as customers’ vehicles can also be covered. In addition to this, motor trade insurance offers protection for your computers and other electronic equipment. Finally, it can also provide cover for employers, public and servicing liability, plus loss of revenue and legal action taken against you.
An insurance policy with excellent product features
As well as the inclusions mentioned above, you can also benefit from the following:
- Cover extensions specific to the motor trade, such as faulty workmanship, financial loss due to the products supplied, discount to effect sale, contract price, vehicles in the custody of sub-contractors, loss of use of customer vehicles and vehicle locks and key replacements.
- HPI vehicle check protection and discounted breakdown cover.
- A great selection of cover options, with each one offering extensive levels of protection, like cover on an all risks basis for buildings, contents and vehicles and PL/products indemnity.
- Insurance protection for other business activities not associated with the motor trade.
- Road risks only cover option for businesses that do not need cover for buildings, contents or equipment.
If you get your insurance from a leading independent broker like us, you will receive assistance regarding which policy options may need to be factored in for your business, thereby matching your particular circumstances and making sure you are correctly covered for all relevant eventualities.
Based on your choices, such as cover for a variety of different vehicles including those for personal use, the optional extras available will give you what you need.
As experienced independent insurance specialists, we can provide you with quotes from all of the leading insurers in the UK, so you are able to get the right policy sorted for your individual type of business.
If you would prefer to pay in monthly instalments you may wish to take advantage of the flexible options we now provide to customers which include premium finance.