Professional indemnity insurance policies for IT Consultants are available to buy on our website and also via our office. They offer cover designed specifically for the IT sector to protect you and your business from a range of claims with premiums starting below £80.
1 Online Quote
Get an instant quote for your business online. Compare quotes from the UK's leading professional indemnity insurers. You can quote & buy in minutes. Full policy documents will be emailed to you following purchase of your policy. We’ve discounted our premiums to make them as low as possible.Premiums from £79.50 p/aStart Online Quote
2 Our Broker Service
Fill in our Online Quotation Form or, complete our Quick Quotation Form in ‘Word’ format and email it to us: email@example.com
Quote Form Word doc
3 Call us
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01270 252 252 to deal with one of our advisers.
Key Features of cover
We offer a range of IT specific policies from a panel of insurers all of which are designed for the IT sector. Online you can choose from two of these insurers and as an example of the type of cover available for IT Consultants we’ve set out the main sections below:
Claims made against the Insured for legal liability arising from:
- Breach of professional duty;
- Breach of a contract to design or supply deliverables such as software, hardware, firmware and other
electronic equipment. (Many insurers exclude this under their general products exclusions);
- Libel or slander;
- Unintentional breach of confidentiality;
- Unintentional infringement of intellectual property rights. (Many insurers limit this cover to
- Loss of or damage to digitised data and other documents;
- Dishonesty of employees;
- Any other civil liability.
Cover is also extended to provide:
- Virus cover should the Insured inadvertently pass on a virus to an independent third party, assuming that it
has not been created by the Insured. The standard sub-limit for this is £500,000 in the aggregate but we
can extend this upon request.
- Irrecoverable Fees. Often claims can be avoided (and therefore business relationships saved) by
consideration being given to waiving outstanding fees owed. Where it can be shown that the pursuit of such
fees would result in a greater counter-claim then the cover allows us to work with the Insured closely and
potentially reimburse the outstanding fees.
- Data Protection cover. This relates to the legal costs incurred to defend a criminal prosecution under the
Data Protection Act.
- The legal costs of prosecuting claims for infringement of the Insured’s intellectual property rights (sub-limit
£25,000 in the aggregate).
- Defence costs (lawyers, court costs, experts etc) which are payable in addition to the Indemnity Limit.
Professional indemnity policies do differ slightly from one insurer to another so please call us if you have a specific requirement.