Environmental Consultants Professional Indemnity Insurance
There are two significant areas in which Environmental Consultants and Engineers can be at risk when advising on sites. The first is failure to identify that a site is contaminated, or the nature and extent of contamination. The second is the creation of a “Source – Pathway – Receptor” linkage (or ‘pollutant linkage’) or other environmental hazard. Consultants may be held liable for acts and omissions, as well as for advice given, and subsequent claims for bodily injury and property damage.
Our Quick Broker Service
Complete our Online Quotation Form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Alternatively complete our Quick Quotation Form in Microsoft Word format and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply upload your existing proposal form.
Or… call us on 01270 252 252 to speak to one of our Advisors.
Cover can include
- Cover on the basis of negligent act, error or omission or alternatively breach of professional duty by you or your sub-consultants
- Loss of documents – costs incurred replacing or restoring documents
- Defence costs – incurred in the investigation, defence or settlement of a claim
- Dishonesty on the part of any employee or agent
- Breach of confidentiality – breach of confidence or misuse of information
- Infringement of intellectual property rights
- Defamation – innocent libel and slander
- Compensation for court attendance in connection with a claim
- Cover for costs incurred for representation at tribunals and hearings
Professional indemnity policy wordings can differ widely and you should always refer to your policy schedule and read the policy wording to ascertain the full level of cover provided and any significant exclusions. If in doubt, refer to us for guidance.
Professional indemnity insurance is something that any individual or company providing advice, design or specification to clients should seriously consider.
Client demands place greater responsibilities on those providing professional services than ever before, and greater contractual responsibilities leave contractors more vulnerable to being sued. Professional indemnity insurance is an essential part of protecting both your business and your reputation.