Design & Construct Professional Indemnity Insurance
For those offering a design service as part of their complete building package, or where the design and build contract is sub-contracted, the possibility of incurring a design liability for the work is something that needs to be considered.
Our Quick Broker Service
Complete our Online Quotation Form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Alternatively complete our Quick Quotation Form in Microsoft Word format and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply upload your existing proposal form.
Or… call us on 01270 252 252 to speak to one of our Advisors.
Quotes From The UK’s Leading Insurers
We deal with all of the UK’s leading professional indemnity insurers so we can compare quotes on your behalf. It can be very time consuming searching to find insurance that will provide the right level of protection for your business and particular profession and it can prove expensive as well. As an independent broker we can get the comprehensive insurance that you need and still save money. No matter which area of the construction industry you work in, we can provide you with expert advice to ensure that we cover you correctly at the best prices available.
Cover will normally include the following:
- Design or specification
- Feasibility study
- Technical information calculation
- Surveying - undertaken only by, or under the direction and direct control of, a fully qualified architect, engineer or surveyor
- Loss of documents
- Libel and slander
- Collateral warranties
- Adjudication in accordance with the Housing Grants, Construction & Regeneration Act 1996
- Duty to warn - a contractor that has no design or professional supervisory responsibility may still have a duty to warn the client if they become aware of a design defect.
- Claims and circumstances known at inception of the cover
- Death or bodily injury
- Liability to other insureds
- Loss or damage to physical property
- North American offices and jurisdiction
- Nuclear risks
- Onerous collateral warranties
- Punitive or exemplary damages (many policies have no geographical or jurisdiction limitations)
What Insurers Look For
Working as an independent contractor can sometimes leave you open to claims from clients. Professional indemnity insurance providers are able to give you the level of protection you require against financial loss resulting from such a claim. However, in order to be able to offer this cover, insurers will usually request details on all design and construction contractors to be covered under the policy. Insurers will need to consider the business’s principals and staff, carefully assessing their experience and qualifications. Surveyors, engineers and architects providing professional services will need to confirm they are suitably qualified for the work. Depending on the type of work being offered, technical staff may be asked to submit their CVs and show they have gained sufficient practical experience (typically five years or more).
The following information will also be of interest to insurers:
- The technology utilised by your company
- The size of contracts
- Overseas work and whether you carry out work for clients based overseas
- Turnover and fee income
- Retroactive cover and whether you will require cover for past work.
Complete A Quick Quotation Form For Full Professional Indemnity Cover
In order to protect your work as a professional contractor in the design and construction industry, you just need to fill out a quote form, email it back and then leave it to us to find you the best deals. Alternatively, you could choose to email a completed renewal proposal form and we will offer you the right level of cover for your situation at a price that gives you the best value for money. If you would rather discuss your requirements with an advisor, you can give us a call today on 01270 252 252.